Main Street Minute: Glendale company hiring air-conditioner repair techs
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• There’s a big hiring event Monday in the West Valley for air-conditioning technicians. The job fair runs from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Forrest Anderson Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning near 63rd Avenue and Bell Road in Glendale. There will be on-the-spot interviews and competency tests.
• Prospective hires can meet with representatives from more than two dozen companies, including Honor Health, Mayo Clinic and Direct Energy at a job fair Monday. The hiring event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Tempe Center for the Arts at Rio Salado Parkway near Hardy Drive.
• ViaWest Properties of Phoenix has paid about $30 million for downtown’s Monroe Building. Business Real Estate Weekly of Arizona reported the purchase of the 18-story building at First Avenue near Van Buren Street. Only half of the building’s office space is occupied.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Glendale City Council passes ban on texting while driving
- Arizona falls toward bottom of ranking of best cities for an active lifestyle
- Attention donors! Arizona’s largest blood drive kicks off Sunday
- Silver Alert canceled as missing Glendale woman found in Texas
- Slapfish to offer 100 free lobster rolls during Friday opening in Glendale