PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A beer vendor at Philadelphia Phillies games no longer sounds like Marlon Brando in “A Streetcar Named Desire.”
Tom McGee tells KYW-TV (http://cbsloc.al/2rhtPOG ) that he has stopped yelling “Stella!” at the top of his lungs because stadium vendor Aramark is now having him sell Yuengling (YING’-ling) Lager.
He used to yell “Stella!” because he was hawking Stella Artois, a Belgian beer that’s been replaced by the vendor. McGee’s been a vendor at Citizens Bank Park for nine years.
McGee says fans ask him at least 25 times a game, “Where’s the Stella?” He says he had some fun on the opening Sunday yelling “Not Stella” but, these days he simply shouts “Yuengling Lager” with the accent on the second word.
McGee says the Yuengling sells a little better than Stella, but isn’t as much fun to yell.
Information from: KYW-TV, http://www.kywtv.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95