Katy Perry announces tour, show set for Glendale in 2018
PHOENIX — Pop singer Katy Perry will be wintering in the Valley again, for a little while, anyway. This time she’ll be bringing her tour.
Perry’s Witness tour, announced Monday, will play at Gila River Arena in Glendale on Jan. 19. The last time she was in metro Phoenix, Perry was the headline act of the 2015 Super Bowl, also in the West Valley.
The North American tour shares the name of her next album, “Witness,” which will be released June 9.
It’s the first tour for Perry, who spent some of her childhood in Paradise Valley, in two years. The road show will kick off in Columbus, Ohio on Sept. 7.
Presale tickets will be available Thursday, her website posted. General public tickets will go on sale May 22 at 10 a.m.
The singer’s Super Bowl appearance at the Arizona Cardinals stadium in Glendale was the most-watched halftime show since viewer numbers for the performances have been kept, starting in 1991.
Her flashy 12-minute show featuring Lenny Kravitz, Missy Elliott and a dancer eventually nicknamed “Left Shark,” attracted 118.5 million viewers.
Perry has scored big hits such as “California Girls,” “Firework,” “The One That Got Away,” “Part of Me” and “Roar.”
She will be the musical guest on the season finale of “Saturday Night Live” this weekend.
The tour ends Feb. 5 in Vancouver.
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- National Park Service seeks ways to manage non-native fish in Arizona
- Mexican officials find pot-launching bazooka near Arizona border
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake is supportive of tax plan but wants tweaks