PASSAIC, N.J. (AP) — A falling tree limb has killed a man and injured several other people during a Mother’s Day barbecue in New Jersey.
Police say lightning struck a tree Sunday evening in Passaic (puh-SAY’-ihk), causing a large tree limb to come crashing down.
Police say a 28-year-old man was killed and at least five other people were injured during the backyard barbecue. The extent of their injuries was not immediately known. Police have not released the name of the man who was killed, pending notification of his family.
A fast-moving storm with strong winds and heavy rains was pounding the area at the time.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood