RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Police in Virginia say two women were killed and a man was seriously wounded in an early morning shooting on an interstate.
Virginia State Police say a car carrying seven people was traveling northbound early Sunday on Interstate 95 in Richmond when another car pulled along the driver’s side and fired shots.
Police say 23-year-old Tanna D. Gardner of Richmond died at the scene and 26-year-old Sharayne Danielle Nichole Holland of Manassas died later at a hospital. Police say a male passenger was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police say no one else in the car was hurt.
Police are calling the shooting a “targeted incident.” They’re urging anyone with information about the shooting to contact authorities.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Family: California man celebrating marriage killed in Spain