MAGNOLIA, Texas (AP) — Sheriff’s officials in a Texas county say a 21-year-old man is in custody and booked into a county jail for what authorities are calling a road rage slaying of a 56-year-old man.
Montgomery County Sheriff’s Lt. Scott Spencer says Christopher Delacruz was detained without incident Saturday night not far from where the body of Jose Augusto Lozada was found on the side of a road in Magnolia, about 20 miles (32.19 kilometers) southwest of Conroe.
Authorities say Lozada was shot in the head and torso when Delacruz, also from Magnolia, followed him home after a minor collision. When an argument ensued, Spencer says Delacruz pulled a semi-automatic pistol from his vehicle and began firing.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees