SEATTLE (AP) — Carol Newhouse, the wife of Washington state Republican U.S. Rep. Dan Newhouse, has died. She was 62.
The congressman’s office said in a news release that she died Friday. It did not say where she died or give a cause of death.
However, Dan Newhouse, who represents Washington’s 4th Congressional District, said in a Facebook post in April that his wife was diagnosed with cancer several years ago and that she had been receiving chemotherapy treatments since February.
The statement Saturday evening described Carol Newhouse as “a strong, beautiful, and loving mother, wife, and friend.”
It said her family and friends will deeply miss her sparkling wit and joyful countenance.
Dan Newhouse said in a release earlier this month that he missed the House vote repealing the Affordable Care Act in order to be at his wife’s side.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports the couple would have celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary Monday.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers