JUPITER, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a man was shot and killed after two separate shootouts with South Florida deputies.
The Palm Beach Post (https://goo.gl/7eLHw7) reports that 46-year-old Philip O’Shea died Friday evening. Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw says O’Shea had an extensive criminal history and was wanted in Raleigh, North Carolina, in connection with a May 2 motel robbery.
Bradshaw says three deputies fired on O’Shea during a confrontation Friday evening in Jupiter. No deputies were injured, but a K9 officer named Kasper was shot. Bradshaw says the dog is expected to survive.
Authorities say O’Shea was involved in a shootout Friday morning in suburban West Palm Beach where one deputy was injured while diving for cover.
State law enforcement agents will investigate the shooting.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border