BOULDER CITY, Nev. (AP) — The iconic Hoover Dam near Las Vegas was lit up in turquoise in honor of National Women’s Lung Health Week.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports (http://bit.ly/2pG1CQw ) that the National Historic Landmark changed colors for two hours Thursday night.
The Hoover Dam opened in 1936, generating the first electric power produced by the dam.
Located at the Nevada-Arizona border, the Hoover Dam and other Colorado River facilities now provide drinking water and hydropower to about 40 million residents, farms, tribes and businesses in seven states in the Southwest.
The High Roller observation wheel on the Las Vegas Strip also marked the occasion by coordinating its colors to turquoise.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast