NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Prosecutors say six former Pennsylvania prison guards have been charged in connection with the assault of two inmates.
The former correctional officers face charges including aggravated and simple assault in the alleged attacks in February at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility in Eagleville.
District Attorney Kevin Steele says one of the inmates was beaten in his cell, taken to the prison’s medical facility for treatment then beaten again. Video surveillance shows the inmate never fought back.
Steele says another inmate was repeatedly punched in the face.
All six correctional officers were fired after the alleged assaults. They were arrested and arraigned Friday morning.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Family: California man celebrating marriage killed in Spain
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’