WASHINGTON (AP) — White House National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster says President Donald Trump has not made a decision yet on whether to add more U.S. troops to support forces in Afghanistan.
McMaster says that Trump will have the opportunity to hear from allies during his upcoming foreign trip, which will include stops at the NATO summit and the gathering of G7 nations.
Previewing the trip at the daily White House briefing, McMaster says the visits to Saudi Arabia, Israel, the Vatican, Belgium and Italy will show the president’s engagement with leaders around the world.
McMaster says that Trump understands that “America first does not mean America alone.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump’s Afghanistan strategy includes new ultimatum on India
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down