ELKIN, N.C. (AP) — An employee has died after an explosion at a North Carolina golf course.
Wilkes County Chief Deputy Sheriff David Carson says the fire was reported early Thursday at the Countryside Golf Course in Elkin.
Investigators say 64-year-old Gary Jordan died when a fire started in a building that stored golf carts. Investigators think the explosion occurred while Jordan was fueling the golf carts. About 20 carts were destroyed.
Firefighters don’t know what caused the initial fire, but they think the fuel from the golf carts sparked the explosion.
Elkin is about 40 miles (64 kilometers) northwest of Winston-Salem.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Family: California man celebrating marriage killed in Spain
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later