PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The University of Pittsburgh rowing team says wallets, laptops and uniforms were among items stolen from team vans as they were preparing for a big race in Philadelphia.
The team says the vans were broken into Thursday on a road running along Philadelphia’s Schuylkill (SKOOL’-kil) River, where the Dad Vail Regatta was getting underway Friday.
Team president Anthony Ascoli tells Pittsburgh TV station WTAE that some members were in tears over the thefts.
But a post on the team’s Facebook page said they were trying to stay focused on the race.
Police are investigating.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix