CROFTON, Md. (AP) — Authorities say they have arrested two men in connection with a noose found hanging outside a Maryland middle school.
Anne Arundel County police said in a statement that 19-year-olds Conner Prout of Crofton and John Havermann of Pasadena were arrested Friday afternoon. Both are charged with trespassing, disturbing school operations and disorderly conduct.
Authorities say an administrator at Crofton Middle School said a teacher saw a noose hanging from an exterior light fixture Thursday morning. The noose was immediately removed by a custodian.
Investigators say they recovered school surveillance footage of two people gaining access to the roof of the building and placing the noose.
It could not be immediately determined if Prout and Havermann have lawyers.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies shoot armed man west of Phoenix
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights