PHILADELPHIA (AP) — An assistant principal at a suburban Philadelphia school has resigned after video circulated online showing him arguing with and cursing at teenage abortion protesters outside the school.
Zach Ruff, dean of student life and academics at Downingtown STEM Academy, had been on unpaid leave after the April confrontation. The school district said Thursday that it would like to put “this terribly unfortunate incident” in the past.
Video showed an escalating argument between Ruff and two protesters who were on a sidewalk near the school. When asked to leave, the protesters said they were on public property. Ruff can be heard using profanity in the video.
The school district says Ruff regrets his behavior and acknowledged that the protesters had the right to be there.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood