BOSTON (AP) — Family, friends and colleagues poured into a Boston church to pay final respects to two engaged doctors killed in their luxury Boston penthouse condominium last week.
Media were not allowed into Gate of Heaven Catholic church for Friday’s service, but those who attended told said it was a beautiful and emotional tribute to Drs. Lina Bolanos and Richard Field.
The doctors were remembered for their love of family, their sense of adventure and their dedication to their patients.
Nurse Melissa Bavin told The Boston Globe that Field was an amazing man and a friend to everyone.
Bampumim Teixeira has pleaded not guilty to two counts of murder in the deaths. He was shot by police at the scene.
Teixeira once worked at the condominium for about three weeks.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood