FRASER, Mich. (AP) — A suburban Detroit high school has been evacuated and about a dozen students were taken to hospitals as a precaution after they reported feeling ill.
Emergency crews were called to the Arts Academy in the Woods on Thursday afternoon. The charter school is in Fraser, just north of Detroit.
Principal Michael Mitchell says some students were reportedly coughing in a classroom and complaining of breathing problems. Two teachers also were taken to hospitals as a precaution.
Officials were trying to determine what may have caused the reported illnesses, but Mitchell says “there was no smell, no taste, no visual sign of anything.”
The school has about 350 students.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump signs bill expanding college assistance for veterans
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data