RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A Virginia bail bondsman has been sentenced to 2 ½ years in jail for offering to bail women out of jail in exchange for sex.
News outlets report 61-year-old Vladimir Tarabay was sentenced Wednesday. In February, he pleaded guilty to two counts of soliciting prostitution and one count of having carnal knowledge of a pretrial offender while working as a bail bondsman.
Tarabay was the owner of Fast Bail Bonding in Richmond. He was arrested in July after a woman told authorities he had propositioned her to perform sex acts in lieu of payment. He no longer has his bondsman’s license.
Tarabay received credit for time served, which amounts to about half the active sentence. He faces similar charges in Prince George County.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny