KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• More than 20 employers are taking part in a job fair Thursday in the West Valley. The event runs from 4:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. at Avondale City Hall on Avondale Boulevard near Van Buren Street.
• May is National Stroke Awareness Month and Iasis Healthcare is in prevention mode. The clinic in downtown Phoenix is offering free blood pressure, cholesterol, body mass index and medication checks on Thursday. The event runs from 9 a.m. until noon at Talking Stick Resort Arena’s lot at Third and Jackson streets.
• The Goodyear Police Department has received a $47,000 grant from the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety to buy an unmarked SUV to help in DUI enforcement.
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Main Street Minute: Arizona Make-A-Wish receives generous donation
- Gov. Doug Ducey praises jobs program during prison visit
- Arizona man taken to burn center after Lake Havasu boat fire
- Report says Trump immigration plan will cost 4.6 million jobs