Road sweeper rollover ties up traffic on westbound Interstate 10 in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A rollover wreck on a heavily traveled Phoenix freeway backed up traffic in both directions Thursday morning.
A road sweeper crashed on westbound Interstate 10 near 43rd Avenue, blocking two lanes. Eastbound traffic also slowed to a crawl, with drivers hitting the brakes to watch crews take down a section of median wall so a crane could be brought in to move the sweeper.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said traffic was affected between 35th and 51st avenues. Drivers were able to squeeze past the wreckage.
No other details were immediately available for the 6 a.m. accident.
- FBI looking for two suspects in connection with Phoenix robbery
- Scottsdale sports park could soon be replaced with mixed-use development
- ASU rescinds award given to Charlie Rose amid sexual harassment claims
- More than $100,000 spent to fix Arizona school funding error
- Traffic could be snarled in Tempe ahead of ASU, UofA football game