Road sweeper rollover ties up traffic on westbound Interstate 10 in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A rollover wreck on a heavily traveled Phoenix freeway backed up traffic in both directions Thursday morning.
A road sweeper crashed on westbound Interstate 10 near 43rd Avenue, blocking two lanes. Eastbound traffic also slowed to a crawl, with drivers hitting the brakes to watch crews take down a section of median wall so a crane could be brought in to move the sweeper.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said traffic was affected between 35th and 51st avenues. Drivers were able to squeeze past the wreckage.
No other details were immediately available for the 6 a.m. accident.
- Phoenix officer in critical condition after Cave Creek car crash
- Mobile-friendly map directs bicycle riders across Arizona
- 43 million tourists spent $22 billion in Arizona last year, research finds
- Gosar endorses Ward over McSally in divisive Senate race
- Missouri-based Park University to open Gilbert campus later this year