Road sweeper rollover ties up traffic on westbound Interstate 10 in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A rollover wreck on a heavily traveled Phoenix freeway backed up traffic in both directions Thursday morning.
A road sweeper crashed on westbound Interstate 10 near 43rd Avenue, blocking two lanes. Eastbound traffic also slowed to a crawl, with drivers hitting the brakes to watch crews take down a section of median wall so a crane could be brought in to move the sweeper.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said traffic was affected between 35th and 51st avenues. Drivers were able to squeeze past the wreckage.
No other details were immediately available for the 6 a.m. accident.
- Scottsdale named among best cities for renters, Glendale among worst
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Officials investigating three rabies cases in southern Arizona
- Why wasn’t Arizona chosen for Amazon’s second headquarters?
- $75K in civil fines issued for illegal hunting in Arizona last year