NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Officials with the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival estimate attendance at this year’s event drew 425,000 people.
The festival at the Fair Grounds horse track took place over seven days — April 28 through April 30, and May 4 through May 7. Major musical acts this year included Stevie Wonder, Harry Connick Jr. and John Batiste.
The festival also featured a major celebration of Cuban music and culture.
Next year’s festival, which will be the 49th, opens April 27.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees
- Trump retweets negative post about himself by accident
- GoDaddy bans white supremacist site after offensive Virginia rally post