CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities searching a marsh in South Carolina after a human foot was found inside a shoe last week have found what they think are more human remains.
Charleston Police spokesman Charles Francis said that what appears to be skeletal remains were found Wednesday morning after an hourlong search in a marsh on the campus of The Citadel.
Francis says the search followed the discovery of a foot a little more than 1 mile (1.6 kilometer) south, at the Charleston City Marina. The foot, wearing a black sock, was inside a teal-colored, size-9 Adidas sneaker found on a dock on May 1.
The Charleston County Coroner’s Office is investigating to confirm the remains are human, whether they belong to the same body as the foot, and to identify the person.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95