Main Street Minute: Miracle Mile Deli earns own day from Phoenix officials
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• City of Phoenix officials have declared Wednesday “Miracle Mile Deli Day.” The popular sandwich shop, which has been in business for 68 years, will donate 20 percent from the day’s sales to local nonprofit Feeding Matters. Miracle Mile will also give away a $100 gift card every hour between noon and 8 p.m. The deli is near 16th Street and McDowell Road.
• Three Valley cities are recruiting for firefighters. Chandler, Scottsdale and Tempe are working together to conduct an open registration and written exam. Registration closes May 22 and applications are being accepted online only.
- Alaska Airlines adds daily flight to Phoenix from Seattle suburb
- Dave Ramsey says: Businesses that don’t take cash miss out on sales
- Main Street Minute: Restaurant jobs are available at Phoenix airport
- Carroll Shelby’s 1966 Shelby GT to be put up for auction in Scottsdale
- Ex-Insys Therapeutics employee looks to ban reference to opioid crisis at trial