ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania day care worker charged with coaxing 3- and 4-year-old children to use obscenities on camera has died while awaiting trial.
An attorney for 25-year-old Rashanna Gyles tells The (Easton) Express-Times (http://bit.ly/2r1lMGc ) that Gyles died April 28 from unspecified health problems.
She’d been awaiting trial on a misdemeanor count of corruption of minors.
She told The Associated Press, “I don’t know what I was thinking,” when asked about the charge filed last year when she was a bus monitor at Creative Minds Daycare Academy in Allentown.
Lehigh County prosecutors say Gyles had a half-dozen children direct obscenities toward another child, then made videos of that and sent one to a friend, which wound up on Facebook.
The day care is appealing its state license suspension.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision