MASSAPEQUA, N.Y. (AP) — Police say a waitress at a New York IHOP pulled a steak knife on a Long Island family after an argument over poor service.
The mother of the family says they were shaken up after she, her husband and their two special needs kids were surrounded by the pancake restaurant’s wait staff after complaining about poor service. No one was injured.
WNBC-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2q1ZGWb ) the Massapequa (mass-uh-PEE’-kwuh) IHOP says they’re not supposed to discuss the matter with media. A statement released by the franchise owner, Camile Gnolfo, says the business is cooperating with a police investigation.
Authorities say the waitress who pulled the knife on Friday morning was arrested on a charge of menacing, and is due in court later this month.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights