EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A court has ordered Michigan State defensive end Demetrius Cooper to undergo daily alcohol testing after he consumed alcohol last month in violation of his bond.
Cooper in November accepted a plea deal on misdemeanor assault charges for spitting in the face of an East Lansing parking officer. The deal was for the assault charge to be dismissed in favor of a littering fine if Cooper complied with conditions including no alcohol.
According to District Court documents, 22-year-old Cooper of Chicago consumed alcohol around April 21.
On Tuesday, he was ordered to undergo daily alcohol testing between 5 and 9 a.m. and provide a weekly log to his probation officer.
The 6-foot-5, 253-pound Cooper started at defensive end last season. The fifth-year senior was projected as a starter this fall.
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border