WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House says President Donald Trump will meet with a leader of the United Arab Emirates next week.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer says Trump will meet on Monday with Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the White House. He says the meeting will help the U.S. deepen its cooperation with a key partner in the Middle East.
The meeting will come before Trump departs later this month for his first foreign trip, which will begin in Saudi Arabia. The president has voiced support for promoting peace in the Middle East and rooting out the Islamic State terrorist group from the region.
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision