MYTRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — Fire officials say two people have died and another person has been hurt in a fire at a coastal South Carolina campground.
Horry County Fire Rescue Chief Joey Tanner told news outlets that the fire was reported at Apache Family Campground and Pier near Myrtle Beach early Tuesday.
Tanner says four trailers caught fire and two of them were destroyed in the flames.
The names of the victims have not been released.
Firefighters from Horry County, Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach had the blaze under control within the hour.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees