Police in Mesa said an officer shot a man they said had been making bomb threats at a home early Tuesday morning.
The suspect, who was shot near Southern Avenue and Mesa Drive, was taken to a hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening. No one else was injured.
Authorities shut down the area, forcing postponement of the start of school at nearby Lincoln Elementary, at Center Street and 10th Avenue.
Officers said they had been called to the house to handle an order of protection violation. The caller said that a man was threatening to set off a bomb.
A device was found, but police didn’t say what type.
- Police in Spain shoot man wearing possible bomb belt
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Andre the dog’s abuser yet to be found [REBROADCAST OF 12/3/2012]
- John McCain spends time outdoors with Lieberman, Graham