Mesa police shooting shuts down neighborhood
Police in Mesa said an officer shot a man they said had been making bomb threats at a home early Tuesday morning.
The suspect, who was shot near Southern Avenue and Mesa Drive, was taken to a hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening. No one else was injured.
Authorities shut down the area, forcing postponement of the start of school at nearby Lincoln Elementary, at Center Street and 10th Avenue.
Officers said they had been called to the house to handle an order of protection violation. The caller said that a man was threatening to set off a bomb.
A device was found, but police didn’t say what type.
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Book tells stories of retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- New book explores retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes