LOS ANGELES (AP) — NBC is giving the nod to a new sitcom starring Glenn Howerton of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.”
NBC said Monday it has ordered the series, titled “A.P. Bio,” for next season.
It’s the first new 2017-18 comedy announced by the network.
Howerton plays a philosophy scholar who settles for a job teaching Advanced Placement biology to high school students, but starts scheming.
The cast includes Patton Oswalt, with “Saturday Night Live” creator Lorne Michaels among the executive producers.
NBC previously announced two drama pickups: “Rise” starring Josh Radner as a dedicated teacher, and military intelligence drama “For God & Country” with Anne Heche.
NBC and other networks will present their lineups for the fall season next week to advertisers in New York.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps