LOS ANGELES (AP) — NBC is giving the nod to a new sitcom starring Glenn Howerton of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.”
NBC said Monday it has ordered the series, titled “A.P. Bio,” for next season.
It’s the first new 2017-18 comedy announced by the network.
Howerton plays a philosophy scholar who settles for a job teaching Advanced Placement biology to high school students, but starts scheming.
The cast includes Patton Oswalt, with “Saturday Night Live” creator Lorne Michaels among the executive producers.
NBC previously announced two drama pickups: “Rise” starring Josh Radner as a dedicated teacher, and military intelligence drama “For God & Country” with Anne Heche.
NBC and other networks will present their lineups for the fall season next week to advertisers in New York.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees