GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — A settlement is in the works in a lawsuit against former Major League Baseball player Chad Curtis, who’s in a Michigan prison for criminal sexual conduct.
A federal judge in Grand Rapids has scheduled a meeting for next Monday. Curtis will participate by video from prison.
He’s being sued by four young women who attended Lakewood High School in western Michigan, where he worked after retiring from baseball. They are also suing Lakewood, a school district in Barry County.
The women say they were inappropriately touched by Curtis in the weight room. Attorney Monica Beck says her clients are “close to reaching” a deal with him and the district.
The 48-year-old Curtis played for six teams, including the Detroit Tigers and New York Yankees. He’s eligible for parole in 2020.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Arizona sheriffs honor Flake for baseball shooting response
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision