BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Authorities say a male inmate at a county jail in northeast Tennessee has hanged himself.
The Times-News of Kingsport reports ( http://bit.ly/2pXdEc3 ) the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation identified the inmate as 39-year-old Dana Clyde Fritts Jr. and said it was investigating the circumstances of his death.
Sheriff’s Office Capt. Andy Seabolt in Sullivan County told The Times-News that the inmate was found unresponsive during a routine headcount Friday evening. Seabolt added in a statement that emergency medical help was immediately summoned and that corrections officers administered CPR until paramedics arrived.
The man was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital, according to the sheriff’s spokesman. He says no further information would be released while the investigation is ongoing.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast