NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday:
Kate Spade Inc., up $1.41 to $18.38
The handbag maker agreed to be bought by Coach for $18.50 a share.
Straight Path Communications Inc., up $53.25 to $214.74
The wireless spectrum licensing company said it received a new offer worth $184 a share from a “multi-national telecommunications company.”
Newell Brands Inc., up $5.54 to $51.93
The consumer products company raised its annual forecast after it reported better first-quarter results than analysts expected.
Tribune Media Co., up $2.11 to $42.40
The TV station company accepted an offer of $43.50 a share from Sinclair Broadcast Group.
Tyson Foods Inc., down $3.85 to $59.48
The meat producer reported a weaker fiscal second-quarter than Wall Street anticipated.
PetMed Express Inc., up $6.16 to $30.38
The pet pharmacy company set an all-time high after it said new orders and re-orders climbed in its latest quarter.
Newfield Exploration Co., up 30 cents to $34.89
Energy companies did better than the rest of the market Monday as the price of oil inched higher.
LyondellBasell Industries NV, down $3.38 to $80.78
Basic materials makers including chemical companies struggled Monday.
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers
- ATM turns 50, forever changes consumer behavior
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood