Main Street Minute: Brunch spot opens in central Phoenix
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Another popular Chicago eatery has expanded to metro Phoenix, but this time it’s not a pizza joint. Elly’s Brunch and Cafe opened its doors Monday morning at the shopping complex at Central Avenue and Camelback Road. Elly’s serves up fresh-squeezed juices, smoothies, omelets, pancakes, burgers and more from 6 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily.
• Consulting firm 600 Global has a dozen job openings in the Valley. Positions include entry-level management, sales management, customer service, account managers and more. Many of the positions pay at least $50,000 a year. Applications are being accepted online. The company has locations in Glendale, Mesa, Peoria, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe
• A Scottsdale office park landed a new tenant, and it’s a big one. Site builder Web.com announced plans to occupy more than 36,000 square feet of space in SkySong IV at Arizona State University’s Innovation Center. Nearly 200 of the company’s 3,500 employees are in Scottsdale.
- Three Arizona restaurants recognized with James Beard Awards
- Phoenix man sentenced to prison for planning ISIS-inspired attack
- Phoenix trial set for man accused of making bomb parts for jihadists
- Scottsdale named among best cities for renters, Glendale among worst
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend