PITTSBURGH (AP) — A western Pennsylvania woman jailed on charges she fatally stabbed her physician father told police she was motivated by the movie “The Mummy Returns.”
Police say 27-year-old Christina Nicassio told them, “In a movie, someone who can’t love someone else, they stab their father” — saying that’s what she took from the “Mummy” film.
Allegheny County homicide detectives say Nicassio stabbed her 69-year-old father, Anthony, sometime before 3 a.m. Saturday at his home in Plum.
Police say the victim and his wife were trying to take the suspect to a hospital because she was distraught over a recent relationship breakup, when she instead stabbed her father, an internist at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Nicassio, who is charged with criminal homicide and other crimes.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood