ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a man stole a minivan at an Atlantic City hotel when the driver mistook him for a valet.
Atlantic City police say 35-year-old city resident Steven Jacobs was arrested around 7 a.m. Sunday after officers stopped the vehicle. They say a loaded handgun was found on the floorboard.
Authorities say the car had been taken Saturday at the Wyndham Skyline Tower, shortly after the minvan’s owner arrived at the site and voluntarily gave Jacobs’ his keys.
Jacobs is charged with theft of movable property and a weapons offense. It wasn’t known Monday if he’s retained an attorney.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix