PHENIX CITY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a chase in southeast Alabama ended with Phenix City police fatally shooting a man.
A statement from the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency says the shooting occurred Sunday afternoon after a pursuit. It’s not clear what sparked the chase.
Witnesses tell WTVM-TV (http://bit.ly/2qSykie ) that diners inside a restaurant heard gunshots outside and ducked. Video from the scene shows a silver car with multiple bullet holes in the trunk and windows.
Coroner Buddy Bryan identifies the dead man as 27-year-old Cedric Mifflin, but authorities haven’t released any other information on him or the officers who were involved.
State police say they’re investigating at the request of Phenix City police and prosecutors.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix