MACON, Ga. (AP) — A man has been arrested in a brawl that broke out at a Georgia church last week.
The Telegraph reports (http://bit.ly/2qRrJF5) that 36-year-old Julian DeWayne Coker was charged Friday with inciting a riot after deputies reviewed footage of the May 2 fight at Greater Bellevue Baptist Church in Macon.
The brawl broke out after 150 members of the congregation convened to vote on the Rev. David Stephens’ future at the church. The vote had caused tensions to run high before the meeting. A 35-minute video of the proceedings was posted to YouTube and shows people throwing punches and chairs.
It’s unclear if Coker has a lawyer.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix