Elon Musk’s company shows concept video of next big idea to beat traffic
Traffic is boring but an idea to solve the issue of driving on crowded streets and freeways certainly isn’t.
That didn’t stop Elon Musk’s The Boring Company from giving themselves that name despite their reveal of an awesome potential future of underground driving tunnels in a computer-generated example.
The video shows a car on a crowded, one-lane street beating traffic by going down a car elevator and traveling on a platform at over 120 miles per hour.
On the ride, the scope of the tunnels underground is revealed while the car glides by. The car goes up another elevator and exits onto the street while another car waiting for their turn goes onto the platform.
Musk seemingly joked on Twitter last year about a “boring machine” but it’s legit.
The company founded by Musk, the founder of SpaceX and co-founder of Tesla, revealed hardware on Twitter of a tunnel digging machine the same day the video was released.
- Rock n’ Roll Marathon to hinder Valley traffic, change transit schedules
- Woman dies, 3 hurt in 4-car accident at Phoenix intersection
- Phoenix defends decision to oust homeless from traffic triangle
- Workers find 2 bodies inside truck in Phoenix-area canal
- Fans headed to Fiesta Bowl should expect Loop 101 traffic congestion