Elon Musk’s company shows concept video of next big idea to beat traffic
Traffic is boring but an idea to solve the issue of driving on crowded streets and freeways certainly isn’t.
That didn’t stop Elon Musk’s The Boring Company from giving themselves that name despite their reveal of an awesome potential future of underground driving tunnels in a computer-generated example.
The video shows a car on a crowded, one-lane street beating traffic by going down a car elevator and traveling on a platform at over 120 miles per hour.
On the ride, the scope of the tunnels underground is revealed while the car glides by. The car goes up another elevator and exits onto the street while another car waiting for their turn goes onto the platform.
Musk seemingly joked on Twitter last year about a “boring machine” but it’s legit.
The company founded by Musk, the founder of SpaceX and co-founder of Tesla, revealed hardware on Twitter of a tunnel digging machine the same day the video was released.
- Elderly wrong-way driver stopped on Valley freeway during rush hour
- Manchester United, Club America soccer match to snarl West Valley traffic
- Interstate 10 from Arizona to New Mexico closed due to dust storm
- Glendale council decides not to bring in red-light cameras
- Wrong-way driver hits car on Phoenix freeway, minor injuries reported