Elon Musk’s company shows concept video of next big idea to beat traffic
Traffic is boring but an idea to solve the issue of driving on crowded streets and freeways certainly isn’t.
That didn’t stop Elon Musk’s The Boring Company from giving themselves that name despite their reveal of an awesome potential future of underground driving tunnels in a computer-generated example.
The video shows a car on a crowded, one-lane street beating traffic by going down a car elevator and traveling on a platform at over 120 miles per hour.
On the ride, the scope of the tunnels underground is revealed while the car glides by. The car goes up another elevator and exits onto the street while another car waiting for their turn goes onto the platform.
Musk seemingly joked on Twitter last year about a “boring machine” but it’s legit.
The company founded by Musk, the founder of SpaceX and co-founder of Tesla, revealed hardware on Twitter of a tunnel digging machine the same day the video was released.
- Accident on Loop 202 in Tempe closes westbound lanes
- ADOT gives more time to vote in Arizona creative freeway sign contest
- Part of Interstate 17 in north Phoenix reopens after vehicle fire
- Tesla to raise Supercharger rates in US, nearly double in Arizona
- Interstate 17 closes in Phoenix as police talk down suicidal man