TEMPE, Ariz. — A Tempe middle-school teacher accused of having sexual encounters with a student has pleaded not guilty.
Maricopa County Superior Court officials said Kara Loofborough was arraigned on Friday. Her next scheduled court date is June 16.
Tempe police said the 26-year-old Loofborough was arrested last month on suspicion of furnishing harmful items to a minor, indecent exposure and luring a minor for sexual exploitation.
Police said they contacted Loofborough after receiving a call from the father of the 13-year-old boy last week.
The man was concerned about conversations his son had with the seventh-grade science teacher.
Police said the teen allegedly had been Facebook messaging and video chatting with Loofborough after school hours.
She later reportedly exposed herself to the boy via video chat and allegedly let him touch her.
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- After promise, Phoenix preschoolers marry each other 20 years later
- Three Arizona inmates found guilty of trying to kill jail guard
- Silver Alert canceled for missing man from Surprise
- Phoenix libraries hosting program to learn about solar eclipse