HIALEAH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man has been charged with animal cruelty after authorities say he lured a neighbor’s cat into his home, mutilated it and then hung it over an adjoining fence.
The Miami Herald reports (http://hrld.us/2qy7xvf) 20-year-old Eduardo Rodriguez-Montegudo of Hialeah was arrested Thursday.
The arrest report says Rodriguez-Montegudo told police he lured the cat into his bedroom and was playing with it until it annoyed him. Police say he then strangled the black cat with a graduation tassel and then mutilated it.
Authorities say the cat’s owner contacted police after finding the pet.
It’s unclear if Rodriguez-Montegudo has an attorney.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Family: California man celebrating marriage killed in Spain
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’