LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania man trying to scare away opossums by setting a fire has destroyed his home.
LNP reports (http://bit.ly/2pM3Xg8 ) the row house blaze on Wednesday in Lancaster began when a man used butane to light a pile of leaves in his backyard. The man apparently hoped the smoke would help rid him of the marsupials, which are known for playing dead.
A city fire marshal says the fire got out of control and spread to the home, which was built of wood.
The building was condemned. Three people were displaced as a result of the fire, which did $50,000 in damage. A firefighter required hospital treatment for a shoulder injury.
Officials say the man had problems with bees also.
Information from: LNP, http://lancasteronline.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix