PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona travelers heading to and from Canada will have a new flight option starting next year.
Air Canada will start offering direct flights between Phoenix Montreal in 2018. The flights will occur from February to May, typically a busy season for travel between Arizona and Canada.
The flights will operate three times a week. Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton hailed the announcement as a welcome development for the economy and travelers who want to reach more international destinations.
Air Canada last provided direct flights between Phoenix and Montreal in 2011.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- More than $1.66M raised for Phoenix Children’s Hospital during Give-A-Thon
- Arizona Supreme Court OKs law penalizing cities for destroying guns
- Phoenix police shoot suspect armed with knife approaching them
- Chase Field dispute between D-backs, county heading to arbitration
- Arizona members of US Congress ask president not to pardon Arpaio