Main Street Minute: Arizona Gives Day raises almost $3M for nonprofits this year
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Arizona Gives Day on April 4 raised nearly $3 million for local nonprofits, the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits announced. More than 1,000 participating organizations will benefit from the donations. The event has raised more than $10 million since 2013.
• Customer-service solutions company Alorica will be offering free food, raffles and jobs at a hiring event Thursday in the East Valley on Thursday. The job fair will run from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Alorica offices near Main Street and Gilbert Road in Mesa.
• All Valley Home Health Care is also scheduling a hiring fair Thursday. Open positions include client care coordinators and direct care workers. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. The job fair in Mesa runs from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. at the Goodwill Career Center near Mesa Drive and McKellips Road.
- Main Street Minute: Santa to visit Phoenix schoolchildren
- Main Street Minute: Candlelight vigil in Phoenix raises $410K for hospital
- Main Street Minute: Job fair in Mesa lines up tech and banking managers
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix data center operations sells for $1 billion
- Bacon, eggs and whoa! Customer leaves $2K tip for Scottsdale diner staff