Main Street Minute: Arizona Gives Day raises almost $3M for nonprofits this year
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Arizona Gives Day on April 4 raised nearly $3 million for local nonprofits, the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits announced. More than 1,000 participating organizations will benefit from the donations. The event has raised more than $10 million since 2013.
• Customer-service solutions company Alorica will be offering free food, raffles and jobs at a hiring event Thursday in the East Valley on Thursday. The job fair will run from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Alorica offices near Main Street and Gilbert Road in Mesa.
• All Valley Home Health Care is also scheduling a hiring fair Thursday. Open positions include client care coordinators and direct care workers. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. The job fair in Mesa runs from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. at the Goodwill Career Center near Mesa Drive and McKellips Road.
- Arizona Supreme Court rejects bid to reverse electric rate hike
- Sky Harbor runway to close for repairs in early 2018
- Former Mesa officer charged with fatally shooting man to start trial
- Main Street Minute: Coffee chain donating sales to Valley fire station
- Phoenix, Tucson among nation’s top 25 cities for economic opportunity