Main Street Minute: Arizona Gives Day raises almost $3M for nonprofits this year
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Arizona Gives Day on April 4 raised nearly $3 million for local nonprofits, the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits announced. More than 1,000 participating organizations will benefit from the donations. The event has raised more than $10 million since 2013.
• Customer-service solutions company Alorica will be offering free food, raffles and jobs at a hiring event Thursday in the East Valley on Thursday. The job fair will run from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Alorica offices near Main Street and Gilbert Road in Mesa.
• All Valley Home Health Care is also scheduling a hiring fair Thursday. Open positions include client care coordinators and direct care workers. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. The job fair in Mesa runs from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. at the Goodwill Career Center near Mesa Drive and McKellips Road.
- Self-driving Waymo car involved in a 5-vehicle crash in Mesa
- Man dead after being shot by a Mesa police officer
- Phoenix-area cities among best in US for buying investment properties
- Here is the timeline of Mesa officers’ recent use-of-force incidents
- 2 Mesa officers on leave after incident with 15-year-old robbery suspect