LIVONIA, Mich. (AP) — Police say a Detroit-area firearms instructor accidentally shot and wounded a man attending a gun training class.
Livonia Police Detective Capt. Robert Nenciarini tells MLive.com (http://bit.ly/2p1mzcT ) that the man was shot Saturday at a gun range west of Detroit.
Nenciarini says the 44-year-old instructor was conducting a class for people seeking concealed pistol licenses when he “pulled his gun out of its holster, pointed it at the door separating the two classrooms and fired a round.”
A 39-year-old Detroit man in another classroom was struck in both legs.
The instructor has not been arrested but could face charges in the shooting.
Information from: The Grand Rapids Press:MLive.com, http://www.mlive.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Family: California man celebrating marriage killed in Spain