PITTSBURGH (AP) — Officials say a 19-year-old student has died after he fell from a fifth-floor balcony at a Catholic university in Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh police say Carlow University student Dalton Bacco, of West View, died around 5 p.m. Wednesday at a local hospital.
University spokesman Drew Wilson says the fall from the balcony of the University Commons building to the pavement occurred shortly before 4:30 p.m. No other information was immediately available.
University and Pittsburgh police are investigating. Wilson says this is finals week at the university, which has about 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny