SEATTLE (AP) — The Latest on sex abuse allegations made by men against Seattle Mayor Ed Murray (all times local):
A fourth man is accusing Seattle Mayor Ed Murray of paying him for sex when the man was a teenager.
In a sworn declaration filed in court late Tuesday, the man says he was introduced to Murray by Delvonn Heckard.
Heckard last month filed a lawsuit claiming he was sexually abused by Murray decades ago when he was a teenager.
The Associated Press does not typically name alleged victims of sex abuse. Heckard has previously said he wanted his name made public.
A Murray spokesman, Jeff Reading, vehemently denied the claim as false. Reading said in a statement that the new claim was an “ambush copycat false accusation.”
Murray is running for re-election, has denied all of the abuse claims and says they are part of an anti-gay drive to derail his campaign.
The man making the new allegation says he had been to Murray’s apartment in an unspecified year and Murray “gave me money for sex.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny