Glendale woman accused of taking 9 shots at ex-boyfriend
PHOENIX — A Glendale woman has been accused of trying to kill an ex-boyfriend, allegedly shooting at him nine times earlier this week.
Maria Roxana Acosta Quintana, 23, was held in a Maricopa County jail on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, endangerment and criminal damage.
She did not hit the man, whose name has not been released, in the Sunday shooting at a house near 43rd and Maryland. Bullets did hit the car the man was riding in and a neighbor’s vehicle.
Police records said Quintana and the man had dated for a year or so until a recent breakup. She called him Sunday and asked to meet him at her home.
When he arrived, she came out the house and allegedly began shooting a semi-automatic handgun.
Bail for Quintana was set at $300,000.
- 2 brothers jailed in Wisconsin suspected of Arizona homicide
- Sen. John McCain calls on Trump to stop attacking journalists, press
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- Lockdown lifted on Peoria buildings after ‘suspicious’ package found
- Cool front expected to blow into Arizona but little chance for rain, snow