PHOENIX — A Glendale woman has been accused of trying to kill an ex-boyfriend, allegedly shooting at him nine times earlier this week.
Maria Roxana Acosta Quintana, 23, was held in a Maricopa County jail on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, endangerment and criminal damage.
She did not hit the man, whose name has not been released, in the Sunday shooting at a house near 43rd and Maryland. Bullets did hit the car the man was riding in and a neighbor’s vehicle.
Police records said Quintana and the man had dated for a year or so until a recent breakup. She called him Sunday and asked to meet him at her home.
When he arrived, she came out the house and allegedly began shooting a semi-automatic handgun.
Bail for Quintana was set at $300,000.
- President Donald Trump to visit Yuma on Tuesday
- ASU bringing Amazon’s ‘Alexa’ into classes, new dorm
- Tempe’s Carvana ranked top-50 in America’s fastest-growing companies
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year