A video released by Heineken shows a social experiment that forces unknowing participants to calmly discuss hot-button issues over a cold beer.
The ad begins by showing people’s responses to questions about their politics on issues like climate change, feminism and transgender equality. Those who had polar-opposite opinions were paired up for a team exercise.
Those two-person teams were then tasked with building furniture with written instructions and equipment provided. At the end, they’d constructed a bar, and were shown videos of their teammate’s interview answers.
Then, they simply shared a beer.
Whether or not building a bar together and sharing a cold one is an efficient way to solve the world’s differences, the video has nonetheless taken the internet by storm, garnering nearly nine million views on YouTube as of Tuesday.
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Arizona members of US Congress ask president not to pardon Arpaio
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- Trump retweets negative post about himself by accident