Main Street Minute: Shake Shack customers can help feed hungry kids
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Shake Shake wants customers to “Shake it forward.” All monthlong, the popular burger-and-shake chain will give guests who donate at least $2 to nonprofit No Kid Hungry a free hand-spun shake valued at $6. There are three locations in the Valley.
• SOS Security is hosting a job fair Tuesday at Scottsdale Fashion Square. The event runs from 10:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. The company has opening in security and loss prevention.
• Sandwich chain Jimmy John’s is celebrating Customer Appreciation Day by offering $1 subs. Just show up to participating locations Tuesday between 2 p.m. and and 4 p.m. The deal applies to in-store purchases only.
- Waymo to start charging Phoenix-area riders who use its driverless cars
- Helicopter in Grand Canyon crash lacks system to avoid exploding
- Arizona medical-marijuana marketing becomes more mainstream
- Main Street Minute: Nightspot to open in Scottsdale
- Amazon passes over Arizona cities for second headquarters site